Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cultural Influences Everywhere

People are influenced in so many ways. You could have been influenced from your parents who are not from this country. This could lead to several different beliefs and customs. It could also effect the way you speak, you could perhaps have an accent due to all of these influences. My entire family is from Pittsburg and because of this I have seen several influences that now effects my family.

For one, the Steelers come first in my household. Whenever there is a game on TV, you can bet were all watching it. My dad even got the NFL package from Direct TV so we would never have to miss a game. Even during the games, my entire family will be jumping up and down, screaming at the TV whenever something good or bad happens.



Another Pittsburg influence is "Pittsburghese."This is the accent that comes from Pittsburg and it causes several confusions because of the words used. Phrases such as "up air" and "'n-at" are some of the things used in my family. "up air" means up there and 'n-at means this and that.  Pittsburghese is widely used in Pittsburg and many of my family members use various forms of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment